Favorite Celebrates National Nurses Week 2015!
We appreciate nurses and healthcare professionals every day of the year, but we especially enjoy the opportunity to publicly honor our nurses during National Nurses Week! Nurses truly provide the heartbeat of healthcare—without their competence, compassion and commitment to their patients, where would we be?
This week we recognize all of you who wake up each day to perform one of the most difficult jobs in our society. We salute you for humbly and courageously choosing to place others’ lives in your hands. We acknowledge your heroic efforts in:
- Juggling long hours and working rigid shifts
- Enduring the frustration of patients and their families
- Being a blessing in both tragic illnesses and happy events
- Enthusiastically cheering on your patients through every step of their recovery
…all these and so many more.
This year, ANA’s theme highlights the ethical practice and quality care that nurses provide. Favorite proudly joins the industry, celebrating your ongoing efforts to improve healthcare, patient satisfaction, and outcomes! We strive to support you by developing efficient processes with cutting edge systems and technologies. We offer accessibility on multiple platforms, through social media, and our 24/7/365 operations center that is always ready to be of service to you! Nurses have been the backbone of our organization since 1981, when founded as Favorite Nurses. Your devotion and care continues to inspire us to excel for you and the individuals you serve in the workplace and your communities.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our family as a Favorite Nurse! We support your efforts by continuing to reinforce our motto every day, every shift, every year:
We’re Your Advocate, We’re Your Family, We’re Your Favorite!
Spring Cleaning from the Inside Out
In case you missed it, March 20th marked the first day of spring, a critical date for those committed to the “Spring Cleaning” ritual. Are you already behind?
Instead of focusing on “homey” tips and checklists, what if we used this opportunity to look inward and clean up our personal clutter? Healthcare professionals are dedicated to making life easier for others. Why not begin with ourselves?
It’s normal for stress and concerns to stem from busy lives. Positive introspection helps soothe chaos created by mental and emotional clutter. Try these simple tips:
- Journal– Sometimes a pen and paper are your best escape.
- Listen to music– Calming tunes help us relax, get away and see a bigger picture.
- Vent– Keeping it all in doesn’t help. Express your concerns and daily battles with someone you trust. Another perspective might bring clarity you missed. Cerebral fuzziness may not vanish after one chat, but you got everything off your chest and it’s a great start!
- LAUGH– Seriously, have you ever met someone who hated laughing? It makes you feel good inside! Give your brain a break and just laugh it all out!
- Meditate, pray, read a book,whatever works for you. Breathe easy. Life can be difficult but you’re not the only one feeling it. You cannot control everything. All you can do is balance out your life!
- Manage relationship clutter– Toxic people can poison your mind, IF you LET them. Cut those individuals off! Whoever is planting bad seeds in your Life Garden, snip, dig out, and dispose!
- Secure your calendar– Spring is short, let’s get busy! Begin managing your time wisely by erasing engagements that aren’t important. Know when to say no. Take full control over what you agree to do and what just isn’t necessary. But most importantly, give yourself some “Me Time.”
Let go of what you cannot change, change what you can,
and toss everything that is mentally toxic.
Spring Cleaning doesn’t have to be a hassle. It applies in many aspects of your life. Start with yourself first. It is wise to clean “in house” every once in a while!
What are your personal “Spring Cleaning” rituals? Share with us what has been most beneficial for you!
Favorite Named Best Staffing Firm to Work For
We are extremely proud Favorite was announced one of the “2015 Best Staffing Firms to Work For”by the Staffing Industry Analysts! SIA’s Executive Forum presented winners in Orlando, Florida on March 18.
This prestigious award highlights Favorite’s composite score for high levels of employee attitude and positive feedback toward the company. The recognition reflects internal satisfaction, as it correlates with the success of client retention, services, and brand. We strongly believe that in order to thrive externally, we must first be dedicated to those on our own team!
Providing our employees with a work hard/play hard culture, recognition, rewards, and sincere relationships help mold our mission to serve. We aim to make sure that everyone at Favorite is treated like family by expressing the value of each individual.
Apart from competitive compensation, Favorite employees participate in fulfilling recreation and are uniquely recognized!
Appreciation for our staff is translated through various activities:
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Company Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Personal Birthday/Anniversary Celebrations
- “Favorite Friday”-Our Own Company Holiday
- Seasonal Events-From Halloween to March Madness
Kathy Perry, Favorite’s President, believes in valuing our employees. “Favorite Healthcare takes steps to provide employees with opportunities to assure them that they are more than just what they produce, they are family. When employees feel valued as equal members of the team they go above and beyond with their clients.” –Perry. Favorite’s Senior Vice President, Cathy Vollmer, shares a similar sentiment as it contributes to the company’s client retention success. “Clients stay with Favorite because of our people. We do what we say we do, but always listen to our employees and incorporate their ideas to provide an even better service.”–Vollmer.
Favorite’s goal is to be the premier provider of temporary healthcare professionals, providing clients and employees with extra-mile service. This mission guides us but the foundation of our success is our people. As a result, productivity mirrors the team’s holistic perception of their importance. We value those who continue to steer Favorite in the right direction. We thank all of our employees for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to being the best. This award perfectly exemplifies our new branding:
“We’re Your Advocate, We’re Your Family, We’re Your Favorite!”